Landon Barker: Curly Mini Mullet
His Dad might be Travis Barker, and his stepmother is Kourtney Kardashian – but MFH finds Landon Barker’s curly mini mullet way more interesting.
And that little pick accent in the fringe? *chef’s kiss*
Landon Barker’s curly mini mullet almost makes him Troye Sivan’s mini me – but MFH is fully behind a bit of hair plagiarism if it looks this good.
The 19-year-old musician, songwriter, and fashion designer did try a major new look last year by bleaching his hair blonde (he also hangs out a lot with Machine Gun Kelly – go figure) but sadly the internet did not agree.
A week or so later, Landon’s hair experiment was over when he posted an Instagram story with the caption, “POV the internet bullies you into making your hair black again.”
He also loves dabbling with fashion and makeup – which has been way more successful (he did a collection with BoohooMAN.com last year).
Talking to website highsnobiety.com he admits ““When I get dressed every day, I don’t have guidelines.” (He refs influences as wide ranging as Austin Butler, A$AP Rocky and, natch, Machine Gun Kelly).
As for his makeup vibe? Apparently he’s been playing around with guyliner since childhood.
“Even back when I was maybe 8 or 10, I’d do it,” he told High Snobiety.
“Because it was a cool thing to do. Billie Joe from Green Day was doing it. I thought it looked sick and then, I don’t know, I was just messing around with it and I found out the little tips and tricks on how to get into your waterline or whatnot.”
Check out Landon’s Instagram for some serious beauty and fash inspo. Two million followers can’t be wrong…
- To get Landon Barker’s curly mini mullet this is a softly graduated modern mullet.
- It’s longer on top, cut slightly shorter at sides, with just a little, but not too much, length at the back.
- Get your stylist to get rid of any heaviness on the top and sides, to help the hair sit better.
- You could dye your hair at home if you want it this jet black colour – but it’s always good to talk it through with your stylist first.
- Going too dark might really wash you out, or make you look sallow, so it’s best to chat through what colour might work best for you before taking the plunge.
- Landon Barker’s curly mini mullet needs serious TLC to ensure those curls don’t look frizzy/fluffy.
- Try not to wash your hair every day – stick to two times a week if you can.
- And always use a good conditioner for curly hair.
- Even better, use a little leave-in conditioner on the mid-lengths to ends.
- Then when you towel dry it (do this before adding any leave-in conditioner) gently pat the moisture out with a towel.
- Or you could wrap it in an old cotton T-shirt. Or buy a special microfibre towel for your hair.
- Never rub it briskly, though as that encourages frizz.
- Coat your hair evenly from roots to tips with a clementine-sized blob of volumising product and/or a texturising product. (But don’t brush your hair).
- Use a hairdryer on low speed/medium heat.
- Make use of the diffuser attachment, which spreads out the air flow to help the curls stay structured.
- Gently move the hair around and scrunch it with your fingers as you dry it all over to enhance the curl.
- When it’s dry, for a bit of texture and curl separation, take a small amount of styling cream or medium hold pliable paste.
- Rub it between your fingers first to warm it up and twist it around individual curls for a more defined texture.
- If you want that pink bit in your fringe, you can buy clip-in hair extensions from Amazon and trim them down to your required length.
Be the first to leave a comment.