To be honest it’s a bit ‘punk pop boyband circa 2002’ for MFH’s tastes, but Machine Gun Kelly has definitely got the punk attitude to pull it off…
If you want to take the plunge and dye your hair blonde, invest in some purple shampoo to beat brassiness and deep conditioning treatments to banish any dryness.
- Achieving the same hair colour as Machine Gun Kelly can be very tricky with dark hair, so make sure you go to a professional colourist rather than dyeing your hair at home.
- This colour will need to be maintained by a colourist regularly, as well as by you at home!
- When it comes to the cut, ask your barber to create long layers, a long fringe styled to the side and plenty of texture.
- Keep a contrast between the long lengths on top and the shorter layers underneath.
- To keep maintain your bleached blonde hair, make sure you use a purple shampoo. This will stop it from going a brassy/yellow colour.
- Bleaching your hair can dry your hair out. Use a nourishing treatment or hair mask to hydrate and nourish hair.
- When styling like Machine Gun Kelly don’t work with freshly washed hair. The singer’s style is all about rock n’ roll, lived-in hair. Use clay, powder or wax to create hold and texture.