Dominic’s newly-dyed blue hair also matched the eyeshadow look worn by his girlfriend – his Euphoria co-star Hunter Shafer.
MFH heartily approves of loved-up couples showing their devotion via the medium of complementary beauty/grooming trends.
But, like his fellow dyed buzz cut fan, Evan Mock, this look is not for those faint of heart. Or wallet. It takes a lot of maintenance and money to keep this style and colour looking fresh.
It’s worth it, though, if you’ve got the readies, and the time.
- To get Dominic Fike’s blue buzz cut you’ll need to get your hair bleached – unless you’re naturally a very light blonde.
- Dominic’s blue colour suits his olive skin, so it’s crucial to discuss tones with your hairdresser before committing so you get a shade that best suits your skin and eye colour.
- In these pics Dominic’s hair looks pretty freshly done and probably a No 4 on the clippers – aka approximately half an inch of hair.
- Keeping it shorter is better for overall hair condition if you’re bleaching or colouring it regularly.
- It’s high maintenance though, you’ll need to get it trimmed every two-four weeks.
- Dominic Fike’s blue buzz cut is less about the styling and more about maintaining the colour.
- As Dominic’s hair is naturally dark, the dark regrowth will show very quickly so it’s likely he’ll need his colour refreshed fortnightly.
- If you don’t have a stylist on top (we wish!), colour fade will also be an issue. So it’s best to keep hair washing to a minimum.
- When you do shampoo, use colour-preserving products. Make sure you rinse with cool water, too, as hot water opens the hair cuticle which can cause colour to seep out.