Sure, this look isn’t for everyone, but Evan Mock’s pink buzz cut had real standout on the Met Gala’s red carpet. A pretty amazing feat considering the wow factor guests all around him!
But Evan actually had his punk-ish pink hair way before Gossip Girl – he dyed it after losing a bet with friends and clearly liked it so much it became a keeper. Conveniently for him, as it suits his GG character, he was allowed to keep it for filming.
Although it’s an easy-to-style look, the colour and cut need serious maintenance. FYI: Evan has his buzzed and coloured weekly.
It doesn’t stop us loving this cool AF skater-boy-meets-high-fashion look, though.
- Unless you’re a natural platinum blonde, you’ll need to get your hair bleached
- Evan’s ‘pearl pink’ colour was created especially by his hairstylist, Jackson Heller. So it’s crucial to discuss tones with your hairdresser before committing to choose a shade that best suits your skin and eye colour.
- In these pics Evan’s hair is a slightly grown-out buzz cut. This is is around a No 6 on the clippers. But he usually wears it a lot shorter – around a 3 or 4. Keeping it shorter is better for overall hair condition if you’re bleaching it regularly.
- You won’t need to worry about styling – it’s maintaining the colour that’s going to require dedication of time – and money!
- As Evan’s hair is naturally dark, his hairstylist bleaches and buzz cuts his hair and adds the pink colour every week. This keeps it looking on point and regrowth at bay.
- If you don’t have a stylist on tap like Evan (who does?), colour fade will also be an issue – ask your colourist if they can blend some toner for top-ups that you can buy to use every week or fortnight which can help maintain the look, but without damaging your hair.
- Try not to wash your hair every day. And use colour-preserving shampoos and conditioners when you do. Make sure you rinse with cool water: hot water opens the hair cuticle which can cause colour to seep out.