Ryan Gosling has had many styles over the years (side partings, slick backs, even bleach blonde!) but in recent years he’s been all about a taper fade.
In terms of maintenance, go see your barber every couple of weeks to keep your taper in shape. Experiment with the length on top to find what you like, and what suits you and your hair routine.
- To get Ryan Gosling’s hair ask your barber for a tapered fade on the back and sides.
- For a mid fade, use a clipper grade 1. If you want it less severe, try a 2.
- You’ll want it cut square on top, with more length at the the front and on top so that you can style it with texture.
- Pointcut to add texture through the top of the hair.
- After washing, towel dry your hair.
- Work a little wax or clay into your hands and rub together.
- Lightly brush through the hair. Work back to front, and then front to back to ensure it’s worked throughout hair.
- Work your hands through your hair, teasing the hair into textured strands.
- Use a little more product if you want to add more texture than Ryan Gosling.