We much prefer Marcus Rashford’s more casual grown-out Afro taper than the precise skin fades of his early career. It’s much softer, cooler and signals his transition from footballer to fully-fledged national hero.
To achieve Marcus’ defined curls, a curl sponge is a great way to enhance that natural textured look. Protect medium length Afro with regular hair treatments such as overnight masks and moisturising treatments.
BRAYSON Barber Beauty 2 in 1 Double Sided (10 & 16 Mm) Twist Curl Sponge SB-BM20 £7.29 Shop now
Pudax 2 in 1 Double Side Magic Twist Hair Sponge £6.90 (Amazon) Shop now
SachaJuan Matt Wax £24.80 Shop now
SachaJuan Matt Wax £17.68 (Amazon) Shop now
Label.m Anti-Frizz Balm £18.25 Shop now
Label.m Anti-Frizz Balm £21.61 (Amazon) Shop now
- To get Marcus Rashford’s look ask your barber for a taper and a low fade.
- The top is usually cut with freehand clippers and the shape softened with scissors.
- You can still wear your Afro taper with a high or low fade, but Marcus’ low fade keeps the look classic.
- The success of Marcus’ Afro taper is all down to the curl definition.
- Start on dry hair and use an Afro pick. Then, apply pomade to speed up the curl-forming process.
- Using a curl sponge, start at the crown of the head and rub it in a circular motion clockwise around the head for 1-5 minutes.
- You can smooth any flyaways into shape with your palms and a dab of matte paste. Less is more – you want your hair to have hold, but not be stiff.
Be the first to leave a comment.