James McAvoy’s medium length wavy hairstyle at the 2021 (very) socially-distanced BAFTAs was respectable, but hardly award-winning.
In these images captured of the Atonement actor, James wears his hair in a neat, side parted style. It doesn’t look like he’s gone overboard with the product, but this style could work with volume powder or even mousse to give thinner hair more structure. We also recommend a hairdryer and vent brush to get some volume.
- To get James McAvoy’s grown-out hairstyle ask your barber for a medium length style with long layers.
- This look is best cut with the scissor over comb technique.
- You want your barber to style in a high side parting to create the same face framing effect as James’ hairstyle has.
- James McAvoy’s look depends on building enough volume when styling.
- When your hair is towel dry apply a volumising product (like a mousse) through the mid-section before blow drying to add some hold to your look.
- If you’re more low maintenance or don’t have a hair dryer, you can leave hair to dry naturally after applying product.
- To add more body, when hair is dry add a volume powder.