Nineties hairstyles are back in a big way – and none are more iconic than Kurt Cobain’s centre parted long hairstyle. Kurt’s dyed blonde locks practically launched the concept of grungy just-got-out-of-bed hair.
Style Kurt-inspired hair with matte clay and texturising powders to add some rock n’ roll to your look. This cut works best on hair that is straight, if you’ve got fine hair like the Nirvana front man be sure to use volumising products so hair doesn’t look too limp.
- For Kurt Cobain’s 90s, long hairstyle you’ll want a one-length scissor cut.
- If you prefer, you could ask your barber or stylist to shape hair around the face.
- Kurt’s trademark style sits just above his shoulders, you could take the style longer but avoid going shorter as this strays into the more feminine ‘bob’ hairstyle territory.
- We love how Kurt Cobain’s 90s hairstyle looks so rock n’ roll. When washing hair use a volume shampoo if hair is on the thin side, then apply pre-styling products such as sea salt spray to add texture to towel dried hair.
- Leave to air dry to get that laidback look.
- Achieve the tousled look at home by working a matte paste or clay through hair when dry.