Although it’s a great look for thick hair, don’t rule it out if you’re on the thinner side but do consider using a volume shampoo or thickening tonic prior before styling.
- Ask your barber for a layered short to medium length cut to achieve the Paul Rudd swept back hairstyle. Ideally you’ll need to have grown your hair out to at least three to four inches on the top and back.
- You want a textured cut so ask your barber to cut into it – this will create choppy layers. You can then style loosely swept away from your face to accentuate any waves in the hair like Paul’s look.
- Be prepared to invest in a hairdryer as it will be much easier to style Paul Rudd’s swept back hairstyle with one.
- On freshly washed damp hair, use a texturising spray and then, using a vent brush, blow-dry your hair back from your face towards your crown.
- Vent brushes are great because they allow air to flow through the hair which creates the swept back look easily.
- Warm some pomade between palms until soft and then run through hair from root to ends. Go easy on the roots if you don’t want to look too slick!