Jaden Smith’s afro hair looks cool and natural with these medium twists and fade.
Because this up-and-comer has gone through more hair looks than we’ve had disposable face coverings. Think long locs, twist outs, natural curls, bleached/bright pink/ fluoro orange buzz cuts…
He even turned up to the Met Gala in 2017 rocking a dark buzz cut and carrying his shorn off blonde locs.
Basically, this cool AF Gen Z’er can make any hairstyle covetable. Hair Icon status awaits…
- Keep length in the hair if you want this medium-length twist.
- You can opt for a high, medium or low fade too. But it’s all about keeping the length on the top.
- Ask your barber to put your hair into two-strand twists.
- This will involve them taking pieces of hair from a small section and twisting them together, allowing them to form ropes and fall naturally. This is repeated all over the head.
- While there’s loads of tutorials online, it’s best to go to a barber who is a Black hair specialist and let them show you how to do it.
- In an ideal world you should undo the twists in a week or two. But they can last longer with some TLC.
- Know this: the smaller the twists the longer they will last.
- Before twisting, dampen your hair and use a hair product like for better hold. (Avoid anything too oily or greasy that makes the hair slip).
- If your hair is still damp when you’ve finished, you’ll need to wait for it to dry before you go to bed.
- To prevent frizziness, sleep on a pure silk pillow case, or use a hair covering.
- As twisting can pull the hair root and weaken it, you need to nourish your scalp by applying an oil or similar each night.
- Don’t wash hair daily, but keep it clean to avoid product build up and dandruff.