The South Korean A-lister — real name Kwon Ji-yong — not only has the best shaggy, multi-coloured mid-length mullet around (which is also called the ‘wolf haircut’) but he has the fashion creds to back it up, too.
And those creds are super high-end – he has been a face of Chanel for a decade or so now. In fact, last year he was on the FROW at the label’s show with Kristen Stewart and Vanessa Paradis to name a couple.
So who is this fashionably connected superstar? He’s a rapper, singer, songwriter, record producer, composer, entrepreneur, and one-fifth of K-Pop boy band BIGBANG.
And the 34-year-old not afraid to go big and go bold with his barnet. And this bleached, pastel-pink tinted vibe is MFH’s fave so far.
Whether it’s a platinum perm (yes really) or shoulder length monochrome waves, he’s had some hits and misses, but that’s all part of the fun of being young(ish) and experimental, right?
- While G-Dragon’s multi-coloured mid-length mullet would look great on uncoloured hair, it’s the bleached blonde with pastel-pink tips that gives it real standout.
- Don’t try to dye it at home or you could end up destroying your hair – and end up having to shave it off.
- Look for a hairstylist who has experience cutting men’s hair, who knows current hair trends, and has extensive hair-colouring experience.
- G-Dragon’s hair is bleached all over, then his stylist has either added pastel pink hair dye to in random patches throughout.
- (But you could cheat this and use a pink hairspray).
- Decide on the length of hair you want on top of your head – a mid-length wolf haircut typically falls between 3-5 inches on top.
- The cut is heavily layered/textured throughout.
- The sides your hair should be trimmed to a shorter length, and the back is longer, to collar length.