Yungblud’s messy, textured 90s emo hairstyle is probably one of his more ‘pared back’ looks.
He’s had mowhawks, muti-coloured curtains, red and black extreme punk spikes, fire engine red piggy tails.
But when he cites influences including Lady Gaga, David Bowie, Freddie Mercury, The New York Dolls, Sex Pistols and Vivienne Westwood, you can see why he is not afraid of an extreme aesthetic.
Whether you love this look or hate it, MFH has always been very much on the side of having a ball with your barnet.
Which is exactly what Dominic Harrison (Yungblud’s real name) is having a hell of a lot of fun doing.
- Yungblud’s messy, textured 90s emo hairstyle is all about a look that seems a bit ‘hacked at’.
- But don’t be fooled – you need to go to someone who knows what they are doing otherwise you’ll end up with a cut that is impossible to style.
- Ask for a layered cut which is medium length on top, shorter at the sides and some length at the back.
- Ask for choppy texture throughout the hair.
- Your stylist will opt for techniques such as point cutting, razor cutting, or texturizing shears depending on your hair texture and thickness.
- Mention that you want the hair on top to be styled into spikes, with the spikes varying in length and direction for a more textured look.
- Yungblud’s messy, textured 90s emo hairstyle is a fun one to style – the messier and more chaotic looking, the better.
- This is a look that will always look better on 2nd or 3rd day hair rather than when it is freshly washed.
- Spritz your hair with some sea salt spray and/or add some texturising powder for extra grit.
- Add some high hold wax, pomade or clay throughout (don’t use too much – you can always add more later if you need to.)
- Blow dry the hair with your head upside down, and use your fingers to push the hair up at the top and out at the sides and back.
- When it’s dry apply more hair gel or pomade as needed to shape the hair into a messy, spiky, tousled look like Yungblud’s hair.
- Finally, use a firmhold hairspray to keep the look in place.
Be the first to leave a comment.