So much so, that he starred in a short film, Hair, which debuted at the Tribeca Film Festival in 2017.
“I can’t just have anybody doing my hair. I need my guy!” he says in the film.
“I need Harry. I can’t just have anybody doing my hair, it’s very particular my hair. My hair is nuts bro. This took me like 20 minutes – each side to do this – with my special Harry hair dryer.”
MFH hears you, Bob.
- Bobby Cannavale’s modern, textured, pompadour is a scissor cut that’s all about volume, with a little texture.
- Your stylist will need to leave length on the top and front of the head (Bobby’s hair looks to be around 2-3 inches)
- The sides and back of the hair are gently tapered to make the pompadour the star of the show.
- Bobby Cannavale’s modern, textured, pompadour takes a bit of effort to style.
- Add a golf ball sized amount of volumising mousse from roots to ends of the hair at the top of the head.
- Then spritz a little sea-salt spray onto damp hair for some grit/texture.
- Blow dry the hair up and over at the fringe and sides using a vent brush.
- Apply a small amount of matt, firm hold clay or putty for extra definition/texture.
- Pull one lock of hair down to the forehead, Elvis style.
- Finish by spraying hair with a firm hold hairspray to keep the style in place.