Sure, it might not have starring roles in Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3, We’re the Millers and Dopesick on its CV like Will.
But a haircut like this – with shorter back/sides and more length on top – offers countless styling options.
You could opt for a quiff with loads of relaxed volume at the front. Then how about something with a side part (like actors Nicholas Galitzine and Ted Lasso’s Phil Dunster); or super sleek and slicked back with a Jon Kortajarena vibe?
Just let your barber know you’re keen on this versatility, so they can chop with that in mind. Too easy.
Ask them to leave a fair bit more length on top – at least a few inches – so you have plenty of styling options.
This top can be blended with the shorter back and sides to create a softer cut.
- Your barber may also build in layers and texture, with more bulk left towards the front for styling.
- For your own take on Will Poulter’s short quiff hairstyle, work some pre-styling product into gently-towel-dried hair. A little heat-protecting mousse or a few spritzes of sea salt spray will do the trick.
- Next, loosely sweep your hair up and back off your face with your hands or a comb.
- Blow dry in an upwards direction to build volume, while using your fingers to sculpt that relaxed quiff and shape at the front.
- Warm a pea-sized amount of styling product (try something with a malleable, medium hold) between your hands, then run it through your hair from front to back.