Work your natural curls like Timothée Chalamet has done. When using a mousse, work through root to tip and try using the diffuser on your hair dryer to maximise airflow across the hair.
If you want more volume, sprinkle some hair powder into the roots. A little goes a long way.
- Find a barber who is skilled at working with curly hair.
- The barber must work with your natural wave/curl.
- Some bulk might need to be removed, but do not use thinning scissors.
- Hair must be cut when wet – allows more control of the hair.
- Hair must not be straightened whilst wet so the barber can see exactly where the natural curls sit.
- Hair should be kept long, particularly in the back.
- Use a styling cream, whilst the hair is damp, to tame any excess frizz.
- You can leave it to dry naturally or try using a diffuser to set the shape and curls.
- For more lift in the hair, try a hair powder into the roots.