Texture is a key men’s hair trend for 2021! Once you have your cut (‘what to ask your barber’ below), it’s all about using a matte or natural finish product like Uppercut Deluxe Clay to pile the hair full of reworkable texture.
In terms of maintenance, go see your barber every couple of weeks to keep your fade tight and neat. Experiment with the length on top to find what you like, and what suits you.
- Fade on the back and sides.
- Try a mid fade – with clipper grade 1. If you want it less severe, try a 2.
- Cut square on top – with more length in the front.
- Pointcut loads of texture into the top.
- Wash and towel dry your hair.
- Work a little Uppercut Deluxe Clay into your hands and rub together until clear.
- Lightly brush at the hair, back to front, and front to back to lightly coat it.
- Work your hands through your hair, teasing the hair into textured strands.
- Use a little more product if you want to really up the texture.