In fact, Corden complimented the pop star for having “the most beautiful head of hair”.
Even Shawn Mendes’s hair in lockdown was awe-inspiring, with his brunette curls growing longer, thicker and shinier. (The less said about MFH’s lockdown hair the better TBH).
And he recently confided some of his must-have hair prods to Radio 1 DJ Greg James via a series of text messages.
*Adds to basket immediately*
- Shawn Mendes’s wavy quiff hairstyle is a scissor cut with more length on top.
- The top of Shawn’s hair looks to be around 1.5-2 inches. And it’s layered for a textured look.
- The back and sides are cut a little tighter to make the focus about the texture on top.
- You can also opt for it to be cut a little shorter, or even get a fade at the sides to make the longer hair at the top have even more stand out.
- Shawn Mendes’s wavy quiff will take a bit of effort with styling.
- Use small amount of product – a matt clay or pomade, for instance, to mould it into shape as you dry it.
- If your hair is straighter, use some volume mousse, then run a little pomade or styling cream through it before then tipping it upside down as you blow dry it to up the volume.
- When it’s half dry, bring your head up and use a tiny bit more product to shape some texture with your fingers as you keep drying it.
- Also push the hair up and back at the front with a small amount of product.
- In between washes, you can also use some dry shampoo to give it messier texture, too.
- Shawn’s hair at the Met Gala was a slightly more polished version of his wavy look in the main photo.
- He opted for a more rounded quiff, pulling a piece of curly hair down from the fringe area onto his forehead for a ‘young Elvis Presley’ vibe.