Shawn Mendes’ long curly hairstyle is a move on from his shorter, more polished pre-pandemic pop star locks.
His long curly haircut looks best when curls are moisturised and defined with styling essentials like a curl-specific defining cream and matt wax. Also, a diffuser attachment for a hairdryer is a smart move to achieve a frizz-free look.
- To get Shawn Mendes’ long curly hairstyle ask your barber to use scissor over comb technique, rather than clipping, to sculpt the hair.
- You’ll want to have it left longer through the top, as curly hair ‘shrinks’ as it dries.
- Ideally you’ll need to have grown your hair out to at least six or more inches so that you have plenty of length to get that messy Shawn Mendes’ look.
- To recreate Shawn Mendes’ curly hairstyle at home spritz a heat-protecting moisturising spray on freshly washed hair.
- Then use a hairdryer on a low setting to dry the hair or use a diffuser to ensure a frizz-free look. Avoid touching or brushing curls as this will make them frizzy.
- When your hair is dry, use a lightweight styling cream or a matt wax to give a light, moisturising hold. Shawn’s look has a sheen to it, so opt for oil-based products.