We love that Jon Hamm’s quiff is a softer, less slicked down version of his Mad Men character Don Draper’s hair. Kinda like if Don were on holiday and left the Brylcream at home.
And with that messy, beardy stubble – which we’ve dubbed bed-beard – with flecks of grey throughout, Jon proves that mid-life men can still look hot AF.
But it’s not just for the Gen X-ers – men of any age can rock this look, confident in the knowledge that they’ll look seriously on point.
We give this style 5 stars for effortless, ageless cool.
- You’ll need to ask for a short back and sides with a little more length on top.
- Before he starts snipping, show your barber where your side parting is
- The hair will need to be layered a little on top, leaving more bulk towards the front for the quiff
- When hair is damp, part it on the side and sweep the hair over.
- Apply fibre cream and matt clay for shine and hold.
- Then roughly blow dry your hair on medium heat using your fingers. Push it to the side and use your fingers to give the front a gentle quiff
- Or if your hair is longer, use a round hairbrush and loosely wrap it around the fringe. Gently pull the hair up and to the side.
- Finish off with some hairspray.
- You can also wear your hair slicked down and to the side for a suave, retro look ala Don Draper.
- Or have fun by messing around with the texture.