Sure he’s one of football’s greats, but trust us, he’s got a cupboard full of bad-hair skeletons.
Need a recap?
There was the 2005 mullet – which might be on trend now, but couldn’t even pass as ironic back then. In 2006 his bowl cut was a look only a mother could love. Then in 2007, there was a centre-parted bob that was so unflattering, it hurt our eyes to look at.
There’s more, but you get the idea.
- Show your barber where you like to part your hair at the side.
- You’ll need a short back and sides with a little more length on top.
- Ask for a low fade just above the ears. Or you can skip it if you don’t want it.
- Lionel’s length at the top is about 1.5 inches – he keeps it short for ease when playing sport.
- The stylist will need to layer it, leaving more bulk towards the front.
- When hair is damp, part it on the side and sweep the hair over.
- Apply fibre cream and matt clay for shine and hold.
- Then roughly blow dry your hair on medium heat using your fingers. Push it to the side and use your fingers to give the front a gentle quiff
- Or if your hair is longer, use a round hairbrush and loosely wrap it around the fringe. Gently pull the hair up and to the side.
- Finish off with some hairspray.
- You can also wear your hair slicked down and to the side for a suave, retro look.
- Or have fun by messing around with the texture.