But as well as being the long-term partner of actress and activist (and former T4 presenter) Jameela Jamil, Mr Blake is a singer, songwriter, multi-instrumentalist and producer who has won the Mercury Prize, a Grammy and been nominated for multiple Brit Awards.
Plus he has producing credits for everyone from Beyonce to Frank Ocean and Travis Scott.
Pretty impressive stuff.
Luckily he’s chosen a hairstyle that happens to suit his face shape and his hair texture…
- If you like James Blake’s textured haircut with fringe ask for a short back and sides with more length left on top.
- The back is gently tapered.
- The hair at the top needs to be subtly layered for texture, while ensuring it blends into the rest of the cut.
- The fringe needs to be around a couple of inches in length so it can be cut into this choppy, textured style.
- To style James Blake’s textured haircut with fringe you don’t need masses of product – a good clay will work fine.
- Wash and condition hair using nourishing products that encourage shine.
- Don’t dry hair roughly with a towel or you’ll make it look frizzy.
- Instead, gently squeeze the excess moisture out. (You can even use an old cotton T-shirt to help mop up the excess moisture – just wrap it around your hair.)
- Use a hairdryer on a low heat, and gently brush the hair forward and slightly to the side with fingers.
- Rub pea-sized amount of matt clay between your fingers, then tousle your hair with it to enhance the texture.
- You can separate the fringe with your fingers to give it a piecey look.