He made a global name for himself as CIA operative/assassin, Quinn in Homeland for which he mainly sported a textured crew cut. But Rupert Friend’s swept back swept back short hairstyle is a more suave, sophisticated look for the 40 year old actor.
And it happens to be especially appropriate for his role as a politician on the Netflix series Anatomy of a Scandal (streaming 15 April).
He has also been brave enough to shave it off entirely in the past for his role as Agent 47 in the appropriately titled Hitman: Agent 47.
And, as he told esquire.com, he relished the freedom of a bald pate. “I loved the feel of the air on my head!” he told the online publication. “It does make you look quite aggressive though. There’d be times where I was driving in Berlin or Singapore where we shot and someone would cut into me dangerously in the traffic. I beeped my horn one time and they stopped the car and came steaming over to my car to have a go at me. He took one look, turned around, and got back in his car. I think I looked a bit more menacing than he wanted to deal with from just having a shaved head. So it was an interesting experiment.”
- Rupert Friend’s swept back short hairstyle is seriously shiny, so you need to keep your hair in really good condition.
- Make sure to invest in nourishing shampoos and conditioners. And use a hair mask once a week.
- If you’re concerned about receding or thinning hair, there’s some great products that’ll may help, plus products to help give volume. (See our product recommendations for options).
- Use a pomade or styling product that adds a little sheen and hold, but isn’t too greasy.
- As you blow dry the hair, brush slightly up at the front as you sweep it back.
- This isn’t about a full-on slick back, it’s more subtle. So go easy on the product.
- You can add more after you’ve dried it to keep it in place.
- Finish up with some hairspray to keep it in place.