David Beckham’s buzz cut might not be one of MFH’s fave looks on him but it’s a great way to get your barnet back to square one.
This enables your hair to grow back more healthily – especially if you’re as fond of experimenting with colour, products and styling as DB is.
Becks has had a buzz cut in the past, of course, but it was generally when he was playing football, so it had a practical purpose.
And it has been a little bit longer the previous times he’s done it.
Originally he shared this new look on social media via a selfie, saying “Nothing much changes, got bored of my hair chop it off” [sic]
And his son Romeo used his Dad’s buzz as inspo, as he got his cut the same way around the same time.
Well, as they say, imitation is the sincerest form of flattery etc etc…
- David Beckham’s buzz cut is a high maintenance look.
- But the good news is that you can do it yourself.
- If you are a first-timer, though, it’s best to consult with your hairstylist and get them to do it the first time and ask for tips.
- David’s buzz cut hair looks to be around a No. 2.
- To keep your buzz cut looking on point you’ll need to get it trimmed every 2-3 weeks.
- David Beckham’s buzz cut is an easy-care look but prepared you will need to give your scalp TLC.
- If you keep your scalp in good nick, your hair will be more healthy if you want to grow it out eventually.
- So use a gentle scalp exfoliant once a week.
- It’s also crucial to protect your scalp from the sun – you can buy special SPF’s for the area.
- If you want to do a DIY buzz cut, you’ll need to invest in decent clippers as a beard trimmer won’t be powerful enough.
- Also get yourself a good handmirror.
- Wash you hair first as you want your hair sitting naturally, not all mussed up from sleep or styling products.
- Feel around your scalp for any moles, skin tags or scars and be super careful around those areas so you don’t nick them and bleed.
- Then go for a longer buzz initially – if you are keen on a No3, go for a No5 at first and see how you feel.
- When you buzz the sides of your hair, go against the grain – so go upwards with the clippers.
- Go over the top of the head back and forth and side to side until you’re happy.
- Use the hand mirror to check the back and top of your hair to make sure everything looks even.