Anthony Keyvan’s curly hairstyle with short back and sides proves that sharp tapering and glorious curls really are a dream power couple.
The star of hit shows XO, Kitty and Love, Victor (he plays Q and Rahim respectively) often works with celebrity groomer and barber Colleen Dominique. For the XO, Kitty premiere in May 2023 – where this photo of Anthony was taken – she used tools by Babyliss Pro Barber as well as haircare products by luxe brand Oribe.
After all, as most curly-haired folks know, caring for and keeping them in good condition is key.
- Keen on Anthony Keyvan’s curly hairstyle with short back and sides? Find a barber skilled in working with curly hair, so you can decipher the best style and length for your curl pattern and texture.
- Your barber may use a point-cutting technique to maintain texture and movement in the top, as well as balance out any weight.
- They’ll likely use clippers for the short back and sides – Anthony’s looks to be about a number one or two in length.
- These shorter areas can be subtly tapered to make sure they blend naturally with the curls/texture on top.
- Rocking Anthony Keyvan’s curly hairstyle is all about looking after those curls.
- Apply a small amount of curl cream (around the size of a penny) after rinsing out your shampoo and conditioner. This can help to nourish and define your strands.
- Top tip: rubbing the curl cream between your palms helps to make sure it’s distributed evenly throughout your hair – and remember a little goes a long way.
- When it comes to styling, experiment and customise your approach based on your curl texture.
- You could work a small amount of lightweight mousse into gently-towel-dried hair. Squeeze and twist your curls – again, gently – as you go.
- Let your hair finish drying naturally. Or if you’re using a hair dryer, opt for a low-to-medium setting to help ward off frizz and heat damage.
- A diffuser attachment on the hair dryer helps to spread and control the air flow, so curls stay structured.
- Then use your hands to form and shape the style you want.