Not just because they’re both blessed with glorious, dark curls, but because they both have haircuts that make a feature of their sticky-out ears.
And that’s something to celebrate.
It’s essential to keep curls moisturised and defined with styling essentials like a curl-specific defining cream and matt wax.
Also, a diffuser attachment for a hairdryer is an essential for frizz-free curls.
- If you’re after Joe Locke’s short curly hair style make sure you go to a barber/stylist that is skilled with cutting curly hair.
- Ask your barber to use the scissor over comb technique, rather than clipping, to sculpt the hair.
- While the sides and back are cut close to the head, there’s a lot more length on top.
- As curly hair springs back shorter when it dries, make sure you have enough length.
- Joe’s hair looks to be a few inches long on top.
- Joe short curly hair will need a lot of TLC to keep it looking glossy.
- Wash your hair only a couple of times a week.
- Use a heat protecting spray on your hair if you want to blow dry it.
- Then use a volumising mousse or a sea salt spray to give your hair a bit of oomph.
- Dry your hair on a low heat using a diffuser which will help protect the integrity of the curls and help them keep their shape.
- When your hair is dry, use a lightweight styling cream or a matt wax to give a light, moisturising hold.