Tip 1: Haircut
Behind every great hairstyle is a good haircut. If your hair is too thick or long then your hairstyle will drop and fall.
- Keep hair shorter in the back and longer in the front, this allows for elevation.
- If the hair is thick, cut into it or slightly thin it so it can stay up.
Tip 2: Pre-Styling
The key to having voluminous hair is to use a pre-styling product on damp or towel dried hair.
- Use a hair mouse or a fiber and activate it with a blow dryer.
- For fine hair, use a hair thickening cream or spray and activate it with a hairdryer.
Thicken Your Hair...
Tip 3: Styling
It’s important to also pick the right hair styling product. You will want to avoid gel products as they can become heavy and greasy in the hair. Also, avoid anything that’s too waxy or oily.
Tip 4: Layering
Make sure to always layer your product. If you start off with too much product, the hairstyle will fail, even if the product is top quality. Layer the product and build up the structure.
- Start with a pea sized amount of the product and then go from there.
- Brush the hair root to tip building it in then swiping it up into the hair.
- Repeat this process adding a little amount of product each time.
Tip 5: Fixing
- Spray your hand with the hairspray and brush at the surface of the hair. This will help to tame any flyaways.
- Finish by blasting the hair all over.
- Remember: Hairspray is a fixing product, not a styling product.
Watch The Video