You Will Need
You can’t beat a classic and this is perfect for any whisky lover; or for someone who wants to try a whisky cocktail for the first time.
Old Fashioned – How To
- Place 10ml (or a bar spoon) of sugar syrup into a mixing glass.
- Add three dashes of bitters.
- Add 50ml of whisky (don’t be shy!).
- Add loads of ice.
- Stir with a bar spoon.
- Pour over ice in a rock glass.
- Twist the zest of an orange to release the oils and rim the glass.
- Garnish if you wish, with a cherry and slice of orange.
The popularity of the Old Fashioned, amongst other classic cocktails, rapidly increased after being heavily featured as Don Draper’s favourite drink in the Mad Men series.
Cocktail curated by Highball Hospitality.