You Will Need
This is an ideal cocktail for a first date. Be warned; one is perfect but two might have you under (or over) the table.
Learn how to make one at home to really impress your date.
Gin Martini: How To
- Fill mixing glass with ice and add a bar spoon of vermouth – if you prefer a wet martini then add more vermouth to taste.
- Add 50ml gin to the mixing glass.
- Stir with bar spoon 30 times.
- Strain into chilled Martini glass
- Garnish with grapefruit twist or three olives
NB. To make your martini dirty add a bar spoon of olive brine before stirring
Don’t listen to James Bond! He may have enjoyed his martinis shaken, however most bartenders would advise against it! Shaking your martini can lead to over dilution and small shards of broken ice in your drink. Stick to stirring for a smooth and well-balanced cocktail.
Cocktail curated by Highball Hospitality.
View this post on Instagram
Wet or dry? How do you like yours? Today’s #MFHThirstyThursday is the Martini. I take mine dirty with 3 olives. Warning: Stop at 2… or don’t. 😏🙊 _________________________ You will need: ▪️50ml gin. I’m using @sipsmith. ▪️A barspoon of dry vermouth. ▪️Garnish with a wedge of pink grapefruit or an olive. _________________________ Recipe provided by Julia at @highballhospitality. Shot and edited by @purpleyamproductions.