Another modern classic from barber Valerio Federico.
I love this dry, matte finish and all the texture in the hair. A true editorial look!
- Volume and texture.
- Scissor cut.
- Leave the length on the top and at the front.
- Taper the sides.
- To start the cut, the hair is sectioned into a horseshoe shape.
- The back and sides are cut first, taking the hair and cutting at a 90 degree angle. The hair is cut in a square shape.
- A radial section is then taken from the top of the crown where the hair is over-directed and elevated to 45 degree angle. Cutting the hair like this will build up weight, whilst also giving the top a softer finish.
- Moving to the top of the head, the hair is connected to the back and sides using horizontal sections at a 45 degree angle.
- Some layers can be built into the top as well.
- The final stage of the main cut is to then connect the long fringe using vertical sections at a 90 degree angle.
- For detailing, after the hair is dried, a scissor over comb technique is used on the back and sides, and deep parallel point cutting is done through the top to remove any bulk.
- For styling, use your hands to create natural volume and that sweeping finish.
- Use products that will give the hair a dry matte finish.