Steve Carell’s grey side swept crew cut with a beard is as classic and timeless as the actor himself.
Hot MFH tip: if you’re dashingly grey like Steve, think about incorporating a silver shampoo into your haircare routine. Not only can this type of product help to strengthen natural or artificially grey hair, it also works to counteract any brassiness that can develop as a result of exposure to pollution and the elements.
For fans of The Office, might we also suggest checking out the Instagram page of celebrity hairstylist Kim Ferry? She often shares brilliant behind-the-scenes snaps from her work on the hit show, like that time she had to rub peanut butter into Steve’s hair…
- Ask your barber for a short chop like Steve Carell’s side swept crew cut. This will involve a short back and sides that subtly blend with the slightly longer hair on the top of your head.
- They’ll also give you a side part so you can nail that smart side sweep.
- A crew cut can require semi-regular cuts to stay looking neat and fresh. Chat to your barber about how often to book in, based on how much you’re happy to let your hair grow out.
- Steve has a short boxed beard. This classic style suits most face shapes and is characterised by its neat trim and sideburns.
- Have a beard trimmer? Ask your barber for tips on how to maintain your beard’s shape between cuts.
- For styling a look like Steve Carell’s side swept crew cut, use a comb to create your side part on towel-dried hair.
- Warm a pea-sized amount of styling product – like a wax, clay or pomade – in your hands, then work it through your hair.
- Sweep the top to the side using your fingers and a comb, while creating a little texture at the front.
- Keep grey hair looking cool and fresh by using a silver shampoo once a week or whenever your strands start to appear brassy.
- Show your beard hair some TLC, too, with products like a conditioning beard oil.