He might have risen to fame as dorky Jim Halpert (complete with bad haircut) in the US version of The Office, but John Krasinski’s classic quiff hairstyle is definitely a Hollywood makeover worth raving about.
It’s an iconic, ageless look that gives anyone an instant glow up, in MFH’s opinion.
But here’s something for your next trivia night: John had to wear a wig during season 3 of The Office according to a recent Mashable interview with the show’s hair and makeup stylist Kim Ferry.
Why? The actor needed to cut his hair shorter for the football movie Leatherheads but wasn’t allowed by the powers that be on The Office.
But with the help of Kim, he purchased a wig, which she helped attach and style.
“He paid for the wig — a human hair wig made by a friend of mine, Natascha Ladek, who’s the best wig maker in town,” Kim said.
“She came in to do a secret little fitting for him, she made the wig, we got it, and it looked amazing. [Krasinski] came in a little later that day, and I had the wig hidden in a little secret spot ready for him.
“When it was just him and I, I put it on him, and then he went out and filmed.”
And nobody knew. Well, until Kim spilled the beans to the media recently, that is…
- For John Krasinski’s classic quiff hairstyle you’ll need tapered back and sides with mini sideburns.
- There’s more length on top – John’s hair looks to be at least 2 inches long.
- The stylist will need to layer and texturise it at the top, so that it’s easier to style, leaving more bulk towards the front.
- For John Krasinski’s classic quiff hairstyle the front section sweeps up and back to create volume and shape.
- Apply texture spray and matt clay (or you can use pomade or wax, whatever you prefer) to towel dried hair.
- Then blow dry your hair on medium heat, while teasing the hair on the top of the head up and slightly over using a vent brush.
- If you need more clay/pomade for height, apply a little more when the hair is dry.
- For a slightly messier, more casual quiff gently pull the hair up and slightly back with your fingers as you blow dry it instead of using a brush.
- Finish off with some strong hold hairspray.
- You can also wear your hair sleek and smooth with a side parting.
- Or have fun by messing around with the texture.
- Avoid having to wash it every day by using dry shampoo in between shampoos.