There’s nothing as classic as a pompadour – whether it’s a mini pomp like this one or full blown Elvis height.
- To get a perfect pomp ask your barber to do a 0.5 back and sides, keep the crown full, hard-parted and line left natural.
- Ask for your beard to be kept in line with your jaw and left pointed at the chin.
- To create a handlebar moustache that you can curl at the tips, make sure your barber doesn’t cut around the middle of the top lip. It needs to be left to grow so you don’t have stubble/shorter hairs that are tricky to style with wax.
- Get ready to get some kit. Pompadour essentials are a hairdryer and a vent brush.
- After washing hair, use a voluminising spray or salt spray if you’re on the thin side.
- Blow dry hair up and back using your hairdryer and vent brush in order to keep volume and blow dry the shorter sides downwards.
- Hold the style in place with a wax, or a pomade if you want to add a bit of shine to your look.
- Blow dry beard down and into shape. Use a wax moustache and a beard balm to keep hair moisturised.