Mark Ronson has rocked a curly pompadour quiff ever since he broke into the music industry circa the mid-noughties. And just like his music, his hairstyle is a little retro but with all the markings of a classic. Essential tools to invest in if you want a quiff? A hairdryer and a vent brush.
- Mark’s pompadour is perfect if you have curly or wavy hair, but the style can work on straight hair too.
- Ask your barber to first trim down the sides. Normally this will be done using a scissor over comb technique and then the sides will be tapered using clippers.
- You’ll want to keep the length on top (at least three inches) and ensure your barber gives you a cut with lots of texture. You’ll need this texture to help you style your quiff at home.
- Get ready to get some kit. Don’t worry, a Mark Ronson quiff doesn’t require you to invest in a lot but it is essential to have a hairdryer and a vent brush at least.
- After washing hair, use a voluminising spray or salt spray if you’re on the thin side.
- Then using your hairdryer and vent brush dry the top section of your hair, ie. your quiff. Aim the air in the direction you want the hair to go and use the vent brush to guide it up and back.
- After drying the sides and the back of your hair, hold the style in place with a light styling cream or even a light finishing spray. Go steady, you don’t want it to look too stiff or greasy.