This style is great if you’re growing out your hair and want the flexibility of wearing it retro and slicked back a la Guinness, or more looser and dishevelled. This is a great style for those with thinning hair.
The versatility of this slicked back hairstyle is what makes it a winner in our eyes. Think Mad Men but with a fresh just-stepped-out-of-the-shower finish, Jack Guinness’ wet-look slicked back works just as well tightly combed back as it does more loosely finished. Another bonus? It’s ideal for most face shapes too.
Be prepared to get well-acquainted with pomades, they’re going to be your new styling best friend. To get a super slick look apply on damp hair. If you want to go with a more loose look run a little of the product through dry hair.
- To get Jack Guinness’ slicked back medium length hairstyle ask your barber for a taper on the sides and for it to be kept as long as possible on the top so you can slick it all the way back.
- This look is great if you’re not able to get to the barbers regularly, but obviously hair will be in better condition if you go for a regular trim every four weeks.
- Be warned – although the classic slick back is easy to style, you will need to wash your hair regularly due to the amount of product used daily. If not, it will begin to go dry and flaky.
- After washing hair towel dry and then apply a pomade combing it back straight. Look for pomades that are ‘high shine’ to nail Jack’s wet look.
- If you’re after a more casual swept back look allow hair to dry and then apply your pomade or paste. You can also blow dry the product into hair for more hold.
Be the first to leave a comment.