Yup, Louis bossed The Boss.
Sure, Louis’ hair can’t take all the credit, but we think its insouciant, tousled vibe is the perfect look for a former boybander.
It frames his teen idol face, but this 90s throwback is a grungier, messier, sexier look for his second foray into solo stardom.
And it didn’t exactly hinder Damon Albarn’s career…
- Louis Tomlinson’s textured mop top with fringe hairstyle your barber should use scissor over comb, rather than clipping, to sculpt the hair.
- Louis’ hair is the same length at the top and sides and has been cut into choppy layers to get that fantastic, tousled texture.
- His hair has been left a bit longer at the back – it reaches the top of his collar – for a softer look.
- Louis Tomlinson’s textured mop top with fringe wouldn’t need a huge amount of product.
- Wash and condition hair using nourishing products that encourage shine.
- But ensure that your conditioner is light and doesn’t weigh down the hair.
- If you want to wash and go, spritz some sea salt spray on it, and give it a bit of a scrunch as it dries.
- Or use a hairdryer on a low heat, and gently brush the hair forward at the top and sides as you dry it.
- When dry, rub a pea-sized amount of matt clay, wax, pomade – whatever you like best in your hair – between your fingers.
- Then tousle your hair with it to enhance the texture.
- You can separate the fringe with your fingers to give it a piecey look.
- Spritz it with some hairspray if you want to lock the style in a bit more.
- Use dry shampoo between washes to freshen it, and give it some extra grit which is great for texture.