He’s might only be 18 but the Borussia Dortmund and England midfielder is getting rave reviews from big names including England manager Gareth Southgate to Man City coach Pep Guardiola. And Jude Bellingham’s Afro with high top, low taper and precise hairline is just as on point as his footballing skills.
His go-to guy? South London barber Sheldon Edwards, the unofficial barber to the England football squad. He’s the man behind the hairstyles Raheem Sterling, Jude Bellingham, Jadon Sancho and Phil Foden.
We do the same fade with Jude as we do with Raheem, then neaten up the top with scissors before moving a sponge in a 360-degree motion until it creates all natural curls on top.
He knows I know what he wants, so I just start cutting.”
Sounds like a winning tactic to MFH!
- If you like Jude Bellingham’s Afro with high top style you need need to keep your hair hydrated and clean.
- It’s crucial to avoid drying out your hair, though, and stripping out your natural oils – so aim to wash it around once a week or less.
- Avoid shampoos with SLS (sodium lauryl sulfate) as these are known to dry out the hair.
- Mix the shampoo with some water in your hands then apply to the roots only. As you rinse it out, let the shampoo flow through to the ends.
- Or you can co-wash – use a product that both cleans and conditions.
- Before bed, try using products with natural oils on the tips of your hair strands to protect and seal in the moisture
- Wear a head wrap (or even a durag, as long as it’s not too tight) and use a silk pillowcase to protect your hair further when you sleep. It’s not just for the women in your life!