Transformers actor Josh Duhamel’s taper fade is a great style for a man over the age of 40 and it really highlights his salt and pepper colour.
In terms of maintenance, go see your barber every couple of weeks to keep your taper in shape. Experiment with the length on top to find what you like, and what suits you and your hair routine. MFH likes how Josh has worked his fringe into an (albeit small) quiff. Sure it’s not making waves from a style point of view but it’s a classic look done well.
- To get Josh Duhamel’s hair ask your barber for a tapered fade on the back and sides.
- For a mid fade, use a clipper grade 1. If you want it less severe, try a 2.
- You’ll want it cut square on top, with more length at the the front and on top so that you can style it into a small quiff like Josh’s.
- Pointcut to add texture through the top of the hair.
- After washing, towel dry your hair.
- Work a little wax or clay into your hands and rub together.
- Lightly brush through the hair. Work back to front, and then front to back to ensure it’s worked throughout hair.
- Work your hands through your hair, teasing the hair into textured strands.
- Use a little more product if you want to add more texture than Josh’s groomed look.