Colman Domingo’s suit is certainly eye catching and so is his hairstyle. We love how the clean, sharp lines of Colman Domingo’s Afro taper fade with a hard part balances out the hot pink Versace suit.
To achieve Colman’s defined curls, a curl sponge is a great way to enhance that natural textured look. Protect medium length Afro with regular hair treatments such as overnight masks and moisturising treatments.
- To get Colman Domingo’s hairstyle ask your barber for a medium high taper fade and a hard part.
- The hard part is a clean line shaved down to the scalp with a trimmer or razor.
- The top of the head would likely be cut with freehand clippers and the shape softened with scissors.
- You can swear your Afro taper with a high or low fade, but Colman’s high fade keeps the look edgy.
- The success of Colman’s Afro taper is all down to the curl definition.
- Start on dry hair and use an Afro pick. Then, apply pomade to speed up the curl-forming process.
- Using a curl sponge, start at the crown of the head and rub it in a circular motion clockwise around the head for 1-5 minutes.
- You can smooth any flyaways into shape with your palms and a dab of matte paste. Less is more – you want your hair to have hold, but not be stiff.