Not sure who he is? While he’s a big name in acting circles, he’s not one for the ‘celebrity circus’ that comes with it.
But as well as being a renowned theatre actor – having done now-legendary runs in Othello and in Romeo and Juliet – he was also Oscar nominated for his role in 12 Years a Slave, starred as a drag queen, Lola, in Kinky Boots and even voiced a character in the Lion King remake.
Currently he’s on the big screen as baddy Baron Mordo in Marvel’s latest Dr Strange film.
With a career that varied, it’s no surprise he wants to keep his IRL hairstyle simple and relatively fuss-free.
- Chiwetel Ejiofor’s cropped Afro with neat beard the top is usually cut with freehand clippers and the shape softened with scissors.
- If you want to change it up, you can wear your Afro with a high or medium fade, too.
- But it’s best to discuss options with your barber and work out what would look best with your face shape.
- If you want to keep your Afro as short as Chiwetel’s hair, then you’ll need to get regular trims – every three-four weeks.
- The success of Chiwetel Ejiofor’s cropped Afro with neat beard is the natural texture.
- Protect your hair by not washing it too regularly – once a week is more than enough.
- Use hair oils that absorb into the hair shaft and hydrate the hair – the best ones are coconut oil, olive oil, or avocado oil.
- Chiwetel’s beard grows slightly higher on his cheeks – like a lot of men’s, so go with it. Because if you have thick hair like Chiwe’s it’ll grow back really quickly if you try and shave it lower on the cheek.
- Trim any stray hairs, brush it regularly and use beard oil.