Ashley Banjo’s close crop with mid-fade is super cool and low-maintenance. Be aware that it requires a barber with great skills to get that perfect mid-fade gradient.
If you’re easily bored, though, you can play around with different fades
But, cool as this cut is, it’s a shame Ashley felt he had to conform to forge a successful TV career.
He told GQ Hype: ‘At one point I had cornrows, braids. And that was authentically me.
‘But I remember thinking, “There’s no one else on TV with plaits like me. Can I see myself hosting prime-time BBC One like this? Maybe not.”
We hope that Ashley feels he can play around with more natural hairstyles in the near future…
- Ashley’s close crop is around a #1 or #2 length.
- Show your barber/hairstylist photos of the type of fades you like. They will help you decide which one will work best for your face shape.
- It’s important that the stylist gets your fade gradient just right. Sharp, not too severe.
- The close crop is the ultimate in low maintenance at home.
- Nourish it with chemical-free. shampoo and conditioner
- Apply a hair oil to soothe dry ends as it grows.
- Also use products to exfoliate the scalp to get rid of dead skin cells.