Mullets are back in a big way but think less Tiger King, more Troye. The singer debuted the retro style for his new album Easy with Mark Ronson (another hair icon) and this is a faithful version of the 80s classic.
- For Troye Sivan’s 80s, curly mullet hairstyle ask your barber or stylist for a long, layered scissor cut.
- It needs to be short on top, even shorter at the sides and with plenty of length at the back.
- Ask your barber to point-cut to create a more textured look through the the top. Then use clippers on the sides. The length at the back should be tidied up a bit, but primarily left to its own devices for that rock n’ roll look.
- What’s key to this look is layers but they can be either blended or left disconnected for a bolder statement.
- We love how Troye’s 80s hairstyle looks rebellious and dishevelled. Achieve the look at home by working with any natural texture you have and accentuating the layered cut.
- When washing hair use a volume shampoo if hair is on the thin side, then apply pre-styling products such as sea salt spray or thickening foam to add texture to towel dried hair.
- Leave to air dry or blow dry on a low setting to avoid curls and waves going frizzy.