The superstar singer shaved his medium-length curls off into a buzz cut earlier this year. He told the Wall Street Journal: “I think everyone should know what they look like with a shaved head. I also was just feeling this urge to just shake myself up a little bit.”
And it has already grown enough in just a few months that he can enjoy playing around with the texture of this new, short look.
For the Oscars he wore it in a smoother, brushed-back quiff style. But day to day, he’s clearly enjoying giving it a bit of tousle.
He follows up with the Moroccanoil Treatment which is packed with shine-boosting vitamins.
You can click to buy both of these in the Product section.
- Shawn Mendes’ wavy, textured, tapered hairstyle is pretty easy to style due to its short length and choppy texture.
- A lightweight styling cream or mousse works well for wavy hair.
- Apply the product evenly through your hair, using your fingers to distribute it.
- Blow-dry your hair using a diffuser attachment – this will help enhance your natural waves.
- As you dry it, lift it up and tousle it with your fingers.
- To get Shawn’s texture, use a styling wax or pomade.
- Use a very small amount on your fingers, then rub it until it gets warm, then define the ends of your hair to get a textured look.