This bleached blonde hairstyle from Sound of Metal couldn’t be further from Riz Ahmed’s usual impeccably groomed look.
In this film still, Riz wears his hair with a textured, matte finish which you can get with products like texture powder and matte wax and clay. Top tip: keep it matte to keep it looking rock n’ roll.
Use nourishing hair masks and treatments to keep dyed hair in good condition and opt for a purple shampoo to keep the platinum shade clean, not brassy.
- Achieving the same colour as Riz Ahmed’s hair can be very tricky with a dark base, so make sure you go to a professional colourist rather than dyeing your hair at home.
- This colour will need to be maintained by a colourist regularly, as well as by you at home!
- When it comes to the cut, ask your barber to create a textured crop.
- To keep maintain your bleached blonde hair, make sure you use a purple shampoo. This will stop it from going a brassy/yellow colour.
- Bleaching your hair can dry your hair out. Use a nourishing treatment or hair mask to hydrate and nourish hair.
- To get that lived-in look never work with freshly washed hair. The character is all about rock n’ roll, gritty texture. Use clay, powder or wax to create hold and texture.