Ready for the good news? The actor – known for his roles in The White Lotus as well as You alongside Penn Badgley – doesn’t mind sharing the secrets to his strands.
When asked about his grooming approach in a 2023 Byrdie interview, Lukas said: “The hair is key. I’m always switching it up and putting a bunch of [product in it]. I’m heavy on the product. I need a lot of product to make my hair not look like a toupee.
The actor’s sides are a little shorter than the top to give a more streamlined shape, but still long enough to cover his ears.
- Lukas rocks both centre and side parts, so ask your barber for a chop that’ll give you the same styling versatility.
- They may build in layers to create shape, texture and movement, while balancing out any bulk/weight in your hair.
- For a look like Lukas Gage’s wavy hairstyle, start by working a few spritzes of sea salt spray into gently-towel-dried hair.
- FYI, a microfibre towel helps to reduce friction and frizz – a winner for wavy and curly strands in particular.
- Create a rough centre part, using a comb or brush and your nose as a guideline. Don’t worry about making it too precise and neat – this look is all about those just-stepped-off-the-sand vibes.
- Build tousle and volume by using your hands to scrunch, ruffle and flip your hair as it dries.
- After an extra touch of texture? Warm a pea-sized-amount of styling product – like a clay, wax or cream – between your hands and run it through dry hair to finish.
- Keep hair healthy by booking in for regular trims and treating yourself to deep conditioning treatments.
- Adding a purple-tinted shampoo and conditioner to your routine can help to ward off brassiness in dyed or naturally blonde hair – just chat to your stylist about what’s right for your colour first.