Because he is a man that has danced with the disaster on more than one occasion.
There was the not-quite-mullet back in the days when they weren’t even ironically cool.
And the less said about 2016s platinum blonde look, the better – especially as he paired it with a naturally dark, thick beard).
But the 36 year old superstar footballer has finally found his hair groove.
Hair might not maketh the man [or woman], but a good cut sure as hell maketh you show the photo to your hairdresser and say ‘I’ll have what he’s having.’
- You’ll need a short back and sides with a little more length on top.
- Lionel’s hair on top is around an inch or so.
- The stylist will need to layer/point cut it, leaving more bulk towards the front.
- Lionel Messi’s textured cut with short back and sides is easy to look after if you have straight, thick hair like he does.
- Apply a sea salt spray or texture spray to give it a little grit and hold.
- Then roughly blow dry your hair on medium heat using your fingers.
- Dry the hair forward from the back of the head with your fingers.
- When the hair is dry, use product to play around with the texture.
- Add in a small amount of pomade, clay or wax and ruffle it through the hair on the top of the head.