MFH loves James’ emergence as a silver fox. And special mention must go to the slightly whiter streak in the centre of that artfully tousled half quiff.
Am also loving the natural movement of his hair – which has clearly had a little help from some great products to get that volume and playful texture.
- For the James McAvoy greying half quiff with swept back sides vibe, you’ll need a bit of length.
- James’ hair at the top and sides is probably a good 2 or 3 inches.
- His hairstylist will have layered it throughout to enable lots of movement and texture when he styles it.
- His hair has been tapered in at the back, though.
- For the James McAvoy greying half quiff with swept back sides look it’s all about having fun with texture and volume.
- On damp hair, apply a volumising or thickening product for a bit of oomph first.
- Then apply a texturising spray like ANFOR Texture Volume Spray which will give your hair a bit of grit without the stickiness of a sea salt spray.
- As you blow dry the hair, use a round brush to give the hair volume at the top of the head.
- Wrap the hair around the brush and lift it up at the roots as you dry it.
- Gently sweep the sides back as you dry it too.
- When the hair is dry, use a tiny bit of pomade to give the style a little more shape and to flatten any stray hairs at the sides.
- Finish with a light hold hairspray.