It’s no surprise his bonce always looks on point – the Crazy Rich Asians, Last Christmas and Persuasion actor actually started his career sweeping up hair at a barbershop in London at 14, before taking up an apprenticeship at 16 at swanky Richard Ward Hair & Metrospa in Chelsea, London (Kate Middleton used to be a regular there). He actually became a fully qualified stylist.
(Little known fact: he actually did his Mum’s hair before the premiere of Crazy Rich Asians in London).
And her works-for-everything product? She swears by pomade and uses it as everything from a hair product to beard balm, for taming eyebrows – she even uses it on moustaches if she can’t get her hands on moustache wax. One of MFH’s faves? Bulldog Original Styling Pomade.
- To style Henry Golding’s textured, short hairstyle if your bonce isn’t as thick as his? Use a volumising product (like mousse, or root spray) on the roots of damp hair for more oomph.
- Then add a little texturising spray or product.
- Using a vent brush, blow-dry your forwards from the crown to the front.
- Then warm a small amount of clay or pomade between palms until soft and then ruffle it through hair to get Henry’s tousled look in the main picture.
- Use some of the product to push your hair up slightly at the front, too.
- In the smaller, second picture Henry’s hair is a little shorter – he would have ruffled a little pomade through it with his fingers, then pulled a few pieces down for the textured fringe look.