A sharp 3 back and sides with loads of length and volume on top. I really love the versatility of this style.
I can go big and messy, or slick it back to be neat and refined.
See what to ask your barber and how to style it yourself at home below!
- Ask for a low placement 3 back and sides, with a scissor cut on top.
- Your barber will smooth the sides working a higher clipper grade down to the 3.
- They should use scissor over comb to really finesse.
- Your barber should point-cut into the hair on top to really up the texture.
- The neckline should be a tight taper.
- Use your usual hair pre-styler (I use thickening) to give your hair a boost.
- Top tip: For huge volume, use a mousse.
- If your hair is already thick, spritz a little sea salt spray into the lengths of your hair.
- Use a hair dryer to scrunch and dry – working the texture in.
- Sprinkle a little hair powder into the roots of your hair and work through the length.
- Finish with styling and defining with a matte clay.