We can’t get enough of Olly Alexander’s It’s A Sin hairstyle. To play Ritchie Tozer in the Channel 4 series, the Years and Years frontman has departed from his usual short French crop and gone for a longer retro look that embraces his natural curls. And we heartily approve!
- To get Olly Alexander’s 80s bouffant curly crop ask your barber for a short, back and sides.
- Ideally you’ll need to have grown your hair out to at least four to five inches on the top so that you have enough length to get Olly’s bouffant.
- This style works best with curly or wavy hair types, so if you have thin, straight hair it’s best avoided.
- To recreate Olly Alexander’s It’s A Sin hairstyle at home spritz a texturising or sea salt spray on freshly washed hair.
- After creating a side parting, use a hairdryer on a low setting blow dry your fringe to up and to the side. If your hair is naturally curly or wavy you should be able to gently guide it into place with your fingers.
- When your hair is dry, warm some matte wax between your palms until soft and then run through hair sparingly from root to ends to give the style hold and a matte finish.