No one does minimalist classic style like John Legend and his tapered afro haircut with a well-groomed beard has been a favourite of his for a number of years. Sure, the US singer doesn’t make any bold statements with his hair but the result is understated styling at its best.
Protect Afro hair with regular hair treatments such as overnight masks and nourish beards with an oil.
Bumble and bumble While You Sleep Overnight Damage Repair Masque £40.00 Shop now
Bumble and bumble While You Sleep Overnight Damage Repair Masque £40.00 (Amazon) Shop now
Cantu Shea Butter Leave in Conditioning Repair Cream £7.33 Shop now
Cantu Shea Butter Leave in Conditioning Repair Cream £4.99 (Amazon) Shop now
Lab Series The Grooming Oil £27.00 Shop now
Lab Series The Grooming Oil £27.45 (Amazon) Shop now
- To get John Legend’s look ask your barber for a taper. You’ll need to see your barber regularly to keep the style precise and sharp.
- Go for a low fade on the sides and make sure edges are on point.
- Keep your beard tidy but with a bit of length.
- John Legend’s Afro taper hairstyle has great curl definition.
- Start on dry hair and use an Afro pick. Then, apply pomade to speed up the curl-forming process.
- You could use a curl sponge. Starting at the crown of the head, rub it in a circular motion clockwise around the head for 1-5 minutes.
- You can smooth any flyaways into shape with your palms and a dab of matte paste.
- Smooth an oil into your beard to keep it nourished.
Be the first to leave a comment.