No one does minimalist classic style like John Legend and his tapered afro haircut with a well-groomed beard has been a favourite of his for a number of years. Sure, the US singer doesn’t make any bold statements with his hair but the result is understated styling at its best.
- To get John Legend’s look ask your barber for a taper. You’ll need to see your barber regularly to keep the style precise and sharp.
- Go for a low fade on the sides and make sure edges are on point.
- Keep your beard tidy but with a bit of length.
- John Legend’s Afro taper hairstyle has great curl definition.
- Start on dry hair and use an Afro pick. Then, apply pomade to speed up the curl-forming process.
- You could use a curl sponge. Starting at the crown of the head, rub it in a circular motion clockwise around the head for 1-5 minutes.
- You can smooth any flyaways into shape with your palms and a dab of matte paste.
- Smooth an oil into your beard to keep it nourished.